3ivx MPEG-4 is an application that installs the MPEG-4 video encoder based on the 3ivx filter on your computer.
This tool has several encoding modes, among them: In real time, video on demand, streaming and multimedia authoring.
Also, it is compatible with most VFW applications, as VirtualDub, FlaskMPEG and Adobe Premiere. It also has a DirectShow based video encoder for programmes that use DirectShow Framework.
The five modules that 3ivx MPEG-4 has are the following:
- Simple pass with constant quality: Encodes the video in a single pass maintaining a fixed quality and the video characteristics cannot be modified.
- Simple pass with average bitrate: Encodes the video in a single pass maintaining an average bitrate.
- Simple pass with constant bitrate: Maintains a constant bitrate during encoding monitoring any quality changes. It is recommended for videoconferencing.
- Double pass with maximum quality: Looks for the highest possible averages for video quality and bitrate.
- Double pass with constant bitrate: Maintains a constant bitrate during encoding but makes two passes to obtain better values.
3ivx MPEG-4 also has advanced options to obtain high-quality results.
Limitations of the Trial Version:
- Operative for 30 days.