Earth Explorer is a useful tool for exploring all the geography of the Planet Earth with a total 3D experience and precise positioning of every point on the planet.
Earth Explorer’s features include:
- Uses DEM digital elevation map topography view;
- Satellite view;
- Includes 267 countries and world regions;
- Includes more than 40,000 cities, 15,000 islands, 1,900 geological faults;
- Uses different layers for borders between countries and regions, coast line layers, river layers from all over the world, longitude and latitude layers for global positioning;
- You can add personal comments to different locations;
- You can print images of what you’ve explored;
- You can activate the zoom, rotating the land globe and use the panoramic mode for better views;
- Adjusts different types of lighting;
- You can do night effect explorations.
This is an interesting application for educators or anyone who wants to explore the world from the comfort of their own home.